Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

13 January, 2008

This Leg is Made For Walking*

Guess what?

I walked! For the first time in over a year!

That's right! They finally got my test socket ready Friday. I went in, tried it on, and walked between parallel bars for the first time in over a year, which felt so good, I didn't want to give it back to the prosthetist for more modifications.

At the same time, it felt weird to be standing again, with no crutch, or walker, or leaning against a wall or car. Just my own two legs. Well, mine and the soon to be mine. B-)>

I go back Wednesday for the refitting, then the final leg will be ready FRIDAY! How cool is that? Gait training is gonna be a bitch, but one I am willing to put up with, if it means I can get back up on the trail again.


Walrilla

*With apologies to Nancy Sinatra

4 Comments:

  • At 14 January, 2008 09:52 , Blogger pamibe said...

    That's AWESOME! I'm so happy for you! :D

     
  • At 14 January, 2008 16:53 , Blogger Omnibabe said...

    Cool! Does this mean we'll be two-stepping at the blogmeet this spring?

     
  • At 15 January, 2008 02:03 , Blogger Nancy said...

    COOOOLLLL, I'm so happy!

    Donny, you're going to have every female-type lady at the blogmeet asking you to dance, so you'd better be ready!

     
  • At 17 February, 2008 15:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very happy for ya ! I'm just a newby with my amp. below the knee and can hardly wait for it to heal enough to start the whole business of getting a new one. Any hints would be great on how to mentally deal with this. shinemcgee@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home