Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

02 January, 2008

Catching Up

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it. The Holiday season is death to blogging. So much going on, so little time, so many cool things to play around with! Let's see if I can hit a few high points:

New Nintendo Wii

The kids got a new Nintendo Wii game console, and this alone has caused all productivity at the house to come to a dead stop. This thing is freakin' amazing! Wireless controllers! Motion sensing! Exercise, in a sneaky way!

New Karaoke Machine

Daughter Dear got a Karaoke machine, which she loves! She sings along to all of the High School Musical Soundtracks. Me, not so much. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket with two hands!

New Washer and Dryer

Just before Christmas, our washing machine finally gave up the ghost, after numerous service calls. It was decided for me that a new machine was necessary. It was further decided that a new dryer was necessary, in order to match the new washer. After all, it would be most improper to wash clothes in a spiffy new washing machine, then dry them in the same old ratty dryer. Hence, the brand new Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer that magically appeared in our laundry room. In theory, since they came after Christmas, they were an anniversary gift from me to Dear Wife. The pedestals they sit on were a gift from Dear Wife to me.

New Ring

In her defense, I must say she also gave me a new wedding ring. See, I lost mine changing a tire in our driveway a couple of years ago. I've looked for it ever since, even going to the point of asking a friend of mine to bring over his metal detector to search in the grass. Sadly, all this was to no avail. I've been saying lately that I need to get a new ring, since the old one was apparently long gone. The morning of our anniversary, the 28th of Dec., we were leaving for our annual Dinner And A Movie Anniversary Date when she handed me a little box, and said that this had already been purchased long before the washer went out, and had just been waiting to give it to me. It's a beautiful Tungsten grooved ring, dark charcoal gray, and polished to a mirror finish on the bevels and inside the groove.

No New Leg

Alas, no new information on the leg front. If I don't hear anything by this Friday, I'll call and see where it is, but I didn't really expect anything until next week. Oh well, at least I'm thisclosetodone!

Walrilla

1 Comments:

  • At 03 January, 2008 06:15 , Blogger none said...

    Happy new Year.

    That ring is a fantastic present and a strange coincidence because I just bought my wife a replacement ring for one that lost it's stone.

    The Wii is amazing. If you get the Wii zapper (gun) it has "Link" target shooting game. Which is really fun and addictive.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home