Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

29 February, 2008

Wish My Leg Would've Healed That Fast

Saw mom at lunch today and she said the doctor is going to let her go home tomorrow. She is doing remarkably well, considering she had a double bypass on Tuesday. She’s been walking up and down the halls, trying to get her strength up.

The doc also told her to go ahead and eat whatever she wants, to get food brought in from outside, if that’s what it takes to get her to eat. Not that she’s refusing to eat, but you know hospital food. It’s not very appetizing, at its best. I’m going to call her and see if she wants me to pick her up anything when I get off work.

I printed off all your comments and showed them to her. Tears came to her eyes as she read all the well-wishes, and she kept saying, “All this for me? They don’t even know me.” I told her that everyone knew me, and that they were commiserating with her for everything I had put her through when I was growing up. B-)>

She asked me to tell all of you that she is so appreciative of all the prayers and thoughts for her. I am, too. I need a lot LOT more time with her to try to repay her for all she’s done for me. I don’t know how much time we have left together, but I’m sure it’s not enough.

I’m sure an eternity wouldn’t be enough.

Walrilla

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home