Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

24 February, 2008

Still Here, Just Dealing With Stuff

Yeah, I'm still here. I've just been dealing with life stuff lately. And one of those is the reason for this post. I need all of y'all's help.

My mother was recently diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She has Atrial Fibrillation, and the medication she took for it destroyed her liver. She needs to get on the liver transplant list, not immediately, but pretty soon, because the wait is pretty long, and the sooner you're on it, the sooner you get one.

A few days ago, she went in for an angiogram to prepare for seeing the transplant team in Dallas, to be able to get on the list. This was supposed to be a routine thing, no big deal, just something to get out of the way before she went to Dallas.

Except, it wasn't routine. She tolerated the procedure well, but they found a 70% blockage in the main artery leading to the heart, before it branches out. Actually, there are two blockages.

She goes in Tuesday morning for a double bypass operation. They're also going to do a Procedure to cure the A-Fib, a procedure pioneered at the hospital she will be in, and created by the surgeon who is operating on her. She couldn't be in better hands.

But, you know, this is my mother. Even though she is in the best place with the best people, I'd still ask you to please pray for her, if you're so inclined. If otherwise inclined, please say a blessing for her, think of her, send good vibrations her way, whatever you want to call it.

I'd appreciate all the help she can get. Because, even though I'm 43, I still need my mom.

Walrilla

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home