Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

01 March, 2007

A Step Forward

Well, seeing how much Cr@pblogging is going on out there, now, I thought I'd jump in(Sorry) and get my toes wet(Sorry again) with a little related news on a personal front.

Don't worry, it's not that bad. It's just that I was able to use a regular height toilet for the first time since my amputation. Wooo-Hooo! Ce-le-bra-tion, come on!

I know, I know. It doesn't sound like much to get excited about, but if you've ever had to use one of these damn things,

then you know why it's been driving me crazy!

Look closely. That's not an extended seat on there, as in, really not extended. As in, it's one or the other, but not both, without moving. And when you only have one leg, and can't stand like normal, it gets damned aggravating.

The only good thing is the height. It's tall enough to enable you to get your foot underneath you in order to stand. Oh, and the armrests. The armrests are the shiznit!

Anyway, as it sits over the toilet in the master bath, and the toilet is in its own little closet, it's the only way I could stand up after using the toilet.

Today, though, I went into the kid's bathroom, which is closer to the living room, and has an extended seat. When I finished, I placed one hand beside me on the edge of the tub, and the other on the cabinet, and, sure enough, I was able to stand!

Not much, I know, but every step forward is a victory, however small.

Walrilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home