Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

12 March, 2007

An Apology

Hey, everybody. First off, I want to thank everybody who came by and read that last post. Another thank you goes to everybody who left comments. They were all appreciated.

Second, I want everybody to know I really appreciated that call from that bunch of great people. That really meant a lot to me.

Now, I have to apologize. I spouted off and went all whiny, pissy, little crybaby bitch on y'all, and I am so sorry. I have nothing to complain about. Everything that has happened to me, has been by my own choice. I knew I had diabetes. I chose not to eat right. I chose not to exercise. I chose not to take care of myself. I have no reason to complain.

Take a look at these guys below.




Do they have reason to complain? Yeah, they lost their limbs through no fault of their own. They were just doing their job when some dirty rag-head bombthrower set off an IED and changed their lives forever.

Will you hear them complain? Not very damn likely! God knows it's got to be tough on them, but they know they have to persevere, to carry on. Will they gripe and complain to their fellow soldiers? Possibly, but when have soldiers not griped? It's like a God-given right for them.


If these young men, who lost these things through no fault of their own, don't complain of their injuries, how can I, who caused the amputation by my own choices, dare to speak a single word of complaint? Who am I to whine of a little pain, when these gallant young men suffer terribly, yet stoically.

I apologize.

1 Comments:

  • At 13 March, 2007 08:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey Wal, we wouldn't be human if we couldn't take a minute to feel badly now & then! Don't apologize for a minute darlin'.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home