Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

05 April, 2006

Sailing, Sailing, Over The Ocean Blue

Okay, more like the Gulf greenish brown. Yep, that's right. It's time for the annual cruise, again. I leave tomorrow for sunny, pristine Cozumel. For this country boy who grew up in the Blackland Prairies of Texas, it's downright amazing to see crystal clear blue water where you can see the bottom. I'm used to murky lakes and stock tanks with less than two inches of visibility, where you don't dare go in unless you're wearing shoes.

I love Cozumel. Last year, on my 40th birthday, Dear Wife and I rented a jeep and drove around the island, stopping at a cantina about midway, and having a Coke Light on the beach. I tell you, I'm not much on going to the beach, but sitting there on the eastern coast of Cozumel, looking out at the Atlantic, sipping our sodas, I came as close to pure relaxation as I have ever been. It took a serious effort to get up and get back to the ship after that little interlude. I think I'll look into a secluded vacation spot in Cozumel or Belize for this summer or next.

Walrilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home