Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

24 October, 2006

TV Worth Watching

Guess what I'm watching right now on the History Channel? I'll give you a hint: Eric would probably NOT be watching it with me!

That's right, it's Fear Files: Zombies! A look at cinematic and real life zombies. At this point, they're about to start discussing the genesis and the impact of Night Of The Living Dead. Now that film creeped the hell out of me when I first saw it. The nightmares stayed with me for a long time after I saw it, probably much younger than I should have. I'd say I was around 6 or 7 the first time I saw it. I don't know how many times I've seen it since then, but every time I do, I still get at least a little queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Yet, every time it comes on, I'm right there in front of the TV, watching it intently.

The only other film to affect me that way was Re-Animator, a somewhat cheesy horror flick from 1985. This is the only other film to give me nightmares. The movie itself wasn't very scary, kind of tongue-in-cheek, but the dreams inspired by it were terrifying. They caused me to wake up in the middle of the night, panting, in a cold sweat, with the feeling of needing to GET OUT! GET AWAY! And to this day, I have no idea what the dream was about. I can only tell you that, if anyone had been near me when I woke up those nights, I would probably have beat them near to death trying to GET AWAY, the terror was that real.

I still watch horror films, but they truly need to be... refined. I've seen nothing lately to live up to those old films, where what you didn't see terrified the HELL out of you!

The unknown is always more terrifying than the known.

Walrilla

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home