Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

25 August, 2006

It's Good To Be Busy, But Damn!

The fecal matter has definitely impacted the rotary oscillator! I haven't had time to post since my last one way back when. I thought things were hectic at work after I got back from vacation, but then we upgraded our operating system. Ho-Lee Sh#t!! Response time went through the roof, and everything slowed to a crawl. Talk about long days and short nights! This weekend, I get to go to work installing a new mainframe to try to bring everything back to normal.

And, to top it all off, I got a diabetic ulcer on my leg.(CAUTION!! Extremely Disturbing Images behind those links!!) This stupid thing started as a simple scrape way back in April, when I stumbled in Mexico. It all healed, except for a little black scab as big as the end of my thumb. Along about July, I got the bright idea to put some Neosporin on it, and cover it with a bandaid. BAD IDEA! The black spot turned white and the skin surrounding it started dying and turning black until it reached the size it is now. The doctor had to surgically remove the dead skin and now I am in Whirlpool Therapy every morning before I go in to work. That makes me get there late, so I leave even later to make up for it.

According to the doc, it's healing, but it seems to be taking it's own sweet time. Take it from me, this is NOT fun. I will have a scar when it finally does heal that will be ugly enough to make women and small children cry, and make grown men sick to their stomach, but I guess that's the only upside.(ha ha) If you're diabetic, please, please, for the love of God(or Odin, or Goddess, or whoever), take care of your blood sugar levels, take your medicine, and exercise! If you're pre-diabetic, exercise, exercise, exercise. Take those pounds off, and keep them off. Look to me as an example. A BAD example!

Oh, well, next post will be pictures from our cruise, I promise.

Walrilla

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home