Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

29 May, 2006

Memorial Day

How many of you have heard someone say "Happy Memorial Day!"? Did you think that it sounded out of place, kind of wrong? I know I, myself, have been guilty of this before, but now I try to think before I say it. Memorial Day is not a "happy" day, but one of quiet solemn reflection. A day to spend in remembrance of the fine young men and women who have sacrificed time, injuries, and even their lives, in order to secure freedom and liberty for others.

Go ahead and barbecue, go to the lake, or whatever you do, but spend some time tomorrow thinking of these soldiers who have sacrificed all for their country.

Walrilla

1 Comments:

  • At 29 May, 2006 07:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

    I think you can be "happy" on these days, happy that you live in a free country while still remembering why you are free, though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home