Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

13 May, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

I know y'all thought I was abducted by space aliens or something, but, unfortunately, nothing so exciting. Just a lot of installs and unpaid overtime at work. Anyway, on to the real post.

I want to say Happy Mother's Day to the most important mothers in my life:

My mother, the lady who carried me, gave birth to me, all 9 lbs., 11 oz. of me, and raised me to know right from wrong,

My grandmother, who also had a hand in raising me, and provided the best birthday meals and after-school snacks in the world,

My wife, the mother of my daughter and my stepson, and,

My mother-in-law, for bringing the love of my life into this world, and acting like she was happy when her daughter married this dumbass, redneck, country hick.

You ladies are marvelous, and I am forever in your debt. I love each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart. Words cannot express how much you mean to me.

I would also like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to some other very special people. These ladies were the mothers of my best friends back when I was in high school. These were my Second Moms.

To Mrs. S. - Thanks for letting me stay over so much, people wondered if I was your son, too. That homemade hot sauce your son and I devoured at midnight or later every weekend was the absolute best.

To Mrs. M. - Thanks for letting your son and me have free rein of the house while you and Mr. M. went to Equine events. It's been over twenty years, and I never forgot the trust you showed in us. I'm very glad we never did anything to break that trust, either.

To Mrs. C. - Thanks for serving your son and me some of the best meals I've ever eaten outside of my own house. And for laughing at us when you and Mr. C. came home early from his Dr.'s appointment and found the sixpack of cheap beer in your refrigerator that we tried to convince you two was a thank you gift from me for the afore-mentioned meals. Boys will be boys, right?

Thank you all for allowing your sons to be my friends. We weren't perfect little angels, but I'm convinced you three were the closest thing I had ever seen.

Walrilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home