Walrilla's Wonderings

WALrus+goRILLA=Walrilla! What's not to love?

24 December, 2006

I Done Been Tagged

Well, guess I've been naughty this year, 'cause I got tagged.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, in a frenzy starting about 10:00 p.m. December 23rd.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial, and pre-lit. No sense creating any more of a fire hazard than necessary.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually Friday after Thanksgiving, but we're leaving on a trip soon after New Years, so no decorations this year

4. When do you take the tree down?
The week between Christmas and New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Where? Where? Lead me to it. As long as it's got plenty of nog and not so much egg.

6. Favorite gift you received as a child?
Electric football game. One of the old ones, where you set up the lines, and switch it on, then it starts vibrating. No, really, look it up. I used to beg anybody and everybody to come play my "Foot Game Ball" with me.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, a very nice one in a Native American motif, hand painted by my cousin.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Ooooh, hard one. Either my dear wife, or my in-laws.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Dear daughter, obviously. She wants everything she sees, so whatever I get her, it's always just what she wanted.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
What are these cards you speak of.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Oh, probably the time I got dumped by a girlfriend, two days before Christmas.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Y'all can have your 'Scrooged' and your 'It's A Wonderful Life'. Give me 'A Christmas Story' with Darren McGavin and Peter Billingsley.

13. When do you start shopping?
Used to be December 24th, but after I got married, Dear Wife straightened me out. Now we start on December 23rd.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Very seldom.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Fruitcake from Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Either. It's all good.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
The Muppets' version of '12 days of Christmas'

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I'll be staying home, Thank God.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeers?
Yes, all 10.
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen,
Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen,
Rudolph, and Olive.

You know, Olive, the other reindeer, who laughed and called Rudolph names?

Mean little hussy.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel, all the way.

21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Used to open everything Christmas eve, and Christmas Day was when Santa brought everything else. Ever since I got married , I had to change to Eve with my family, and Day with her family. Whatever, it's all good.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The fact that 'shopping season' keeps starting earlier and earlier.

23. Do you have Jebus in your heart this Christmas?
Probably not as much as I should.

24. What would you like for Christmas?
Well, Cap'n said he wanted a wad of cash large enough to pay off all his debts. Me, I want one large enough to pay my bills 4 or 5 times over.


I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but every one I know has already answered this one, so no tags.

Thanks, Cap'n!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home